Monday, January 17, 2005

I'm still here....tired...

Wow, the past few days have been insanely busy. Being a company commander isn't all fun and games after all. I have had almost no free time the past 3 days between moving rooms, RA stuff, and dealing with people....grr....people....I haven't even gotten a chance to play much of the poker game, but that's ok, as long as I'm not losing money, I guess.

So the drive here on Friday morning at 5:15 AM was terrible. Besides the bad traffic and torrential downpour, it was ok...got here at about noon and unloaded the car. Sat around the rest of the day, as I was one of two people in the entire building. I was bored, yes. Played the poker game, very much yes. I got to eat Taco Bell twice this past weekend, and it was glorious. The Taco Bell here is much more expensive than the one back home...an extra 50 cents for a spicy chicken burrito...

I'm slowly acclimating to less than 10 hours of sleep per day...I have to live on almost 7!! No naps today, since there's really no time. It was cold. My fingers were cold....until I put on gloves! Class today was ok, had 3 in a row, then lunch, then HNFE 1004....Food and Nutrition....why I am taking this...? So for lunch I go with Cheesefries and Mr. Johnson to Owens and eat the General Tso's chicken. This really large man is cooking it, so of course it's extra saucy, to the point where it's almost General Tso's chicken soup. Delicious. Owens was unusually packed at around noon and a half...I guess it was because of the first day of school. Everyone's excited to actually get up, dress in decent clothes, go to class, and then eat a real meal. Give it a week, people will be going to only half their classes, in sweats and PJ's, and eating EasyMac in their room. Same applies for the gym. Every semester you have the "beginning of semester fitness craze" where everyone says they'll go to the gym and get in shape that year. After a week, all of sudden "it's too cold", and people "have too much work to do", and gyms start emptying out. Without fail.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home