Tuesday, February 01, 2005

It's been a while....

.....since I posted on this crazy little thing. I guess nothing has come to mind worthy of writing, or even reading for that matter. The weekend was marginal at best. Poor weather. A fun trip to Wal-Mart. I bought Nutter Butters. They're good.

Plenty of poker was played. That is going well, steadily increasing funds. Again, every time someone asks me, "so, how's the poker going?", or "you win today?".....not cool. The pool of "poker players" is so polluted by young guns and egomaniacal college students who think they're hot shit because they win some money playing online poker. Too bad they usually neglect to remember mentioning how much they lost. What's even worse is those who talk about it in class the whole time, most of whom have no clue how to play. I don't want to be associated with those people. They brag about "cleaning out the game" the day after, feeling like the king of the world because they took money from complete novices. And they're all big NO LIMIT players, and no limit is awesome, right? It's what cool people play? Well, it's all anyone plays nowadays, because they see it on TV. Why can't I find a decent limit game, say 5/10, with a $300 buy-in?

So, I try to play recreationally, but the game definitely gets boring, dull, or just plain frustrating. So when you do ask me about poker, I really really don't like to talk about it, because it's not really worth talking about. I don't want to become one of "them"...But all my tales are true, and my numbers are always net. So do I get jealous of those kids who play the $200 buy-in online sit-n-go's (it's a 10 man tournament, first place gets $1000) and claim they bring in thousands weekly? Of course! Who wouldn't want to be making that much dough so easily? Too bad they are so few and far between. The ones who talk about it are usually not the real deal. Egos will kill a man. Especially when that much money is on the line.

Anywho, I haven't seen much of the Chinaman super table lately. That's unfortunate.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home