Sunday, February 12, 2006

Finally done the applications!

George sed I right good. Thanks George.

And so the saga continues....

I finally finished my law school applications tonight. It is a satisfying, yet terrifying feeling...did I make a mistake on one of them...is there a typo in the essay I just sent to every school....? Mr. Johnson tells me that feeling will pass in a few hours, so I'll trust him on that one. The essay was easily the most frustrating part, and it has absolutely nothing to do with law. I personally thought it was one of my better essays, maybe a little corny and contrived, but I'm satisfied. Unfortunately, some of the schools actually had a question that had to be answered as a personal statement, and of course my essay didn't even come close to touching the subject. That meant I didn't apply to that school....no way I'm writing another one of those things....I just wish they would be like good ol' Virginia Tech and make the essay completely optional. After filling out a few applications and realizing that my essay didn't match, I ended up checking the requirements before starting any new applications.

After taking the LSAT two times, last June and October, I had the attitude that my scores were "ok", and it didn't matter what school I went to. Well, 5 months later, my attitudes have certainly changed. I still think it doesn't matter what school I go to, since a degree is a degree (unless you're talking about Harvard or Yale, but who wants to go there anyway). However, now I know that my test scores were pretty awful. My GPA was about average with the median GPA's for acceptances, but my test scores didn't even register on the map. It definitely puts a damper on my confidence over the next two months.

I'm sure this feeling will pass. I'd give it an hour or two. Hmmm, it's late.

Good day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home