Sunday, February 05, 2006

Woohoo, a new post!

My last post occurred on the evening of December 21, 2005. That's quite a long time ago...I prefer to think that people have forgotten about this, and the droves of readers will dwindle to nobody. My last post was a pointless ranting on the woes of gambling that had engulfed my life a little over two years ago. I think two weeks after that post, I went to Atlantic City again with Mr. Horse and friends to lose again. How disappointing...

So the Steelers just won the Super Bowl. Or I should say the Seahawks lost. The world is full of losers just waiting their turn. That is all I'll say about that.

So up to this point, I have watched Season 1 of Smallville a total of three times through. My other three seasons are being held ransom by a friend back at home, and I am suffering through severe withdrawal. The new ones are quite good though, and they get me through these rough times.

When I first started the blog, I had lots of things to whine and complain about, but ever since I moved into the apartment, it has drastically slowed down, as evident by my lack of postings this year. I guess it has to do with the fact that in the Corps, I saw other people every day, people that would do stupid things to make me mad or make me laugh. But now that I'm in the apartment, I only see people when I'm in class, eating, or at Walmart. I don't do any extracurricular activities, since the Corps made it more difficult to pursue such endeavors, and I simply don't care now that I'm in my last year. This means I don't really know anyone outside of the Corps, and now that I think about it, it's probably best that it stay that way.

It's not that I don't like to socialize with people, it's just the stupid ones that hang around that make the experience less than delightful. For sake of argument, I will call such people "infidels". On the bright side, there are several people I know who have graduated from being an "infidel" to become "tolerable" and even a "friend". I wouldn't say that I'm picky...I just like to put people in categories when I first meet them. All guys I meet automatically fall into the douche category until they prove themselves otherwise. It's much safer that way, and since most guys are douches, I won't have to risk becoming friends with a douche. As far as the women, I just assume they don't want to meet me. That tends to work out pretty well. They usually flock towards the douches anyway.

I always like to joke that I will be married to one of two women. Either a Russian mail-order bride, or a divorced middle-aged women with two kids that realized that the first guy she was with was a complete douchebag. She was attracted to his douche-qualities when they were young, but she was too blind to see that his worthless life was going nowhere. He never cut his hair or shaved, and he was known to pop his collar. In college, they prided themselves on their tolerance to alcohol and their ability to throw a ping pong ball into a plastic cup filled with lukewarm beer. His belly became large and jiggly, and her buttocks became wide and protrusive. And that is the story of many a college relationship.

Here we can describe the basic desires of the woman as she progresses through life and experiences failed relationship after failed relationship...

[College-aged girl] ---> Douche ----> Douche ---> [she realizes douches aren't all they're cracked up to be] ---> [she's roughly 30, divorced] ---> Money ---> Money ---> Money ---> (see the pattern?)

So best chance I think I have is approximately step 4 or 5, where money takes the cake, and she doesn't give a hoot what you look like.

The weather has certainly been strange here in Blacksburg since I've been back here. I was hoping to get in at least one day of snowboarding before the spring, but it doesn't seem too promising with days in the 60's. Mr. Johnson wants to learn, and I'm hoping we can get out there, so I can have a good time watching.

I wonder what life would have been like if I was a farmer...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home