Saturday, October 15, 2005

Sorry for taking so long.

Well, I decided to create a full post this evening. First, I'd like to elaborate on the OBX stickers...why do people think they're cool? Is it because people who don't know it stands for "Outer Banks, NC" think that it's some "super cool brand name"? So...you went to the beach eh...? What's this, two OBX stickers? They're identical? And placed side by side on your rear window? You went to the beach twice?!??! Wow, you're one lucky guy...or one coool guy!

Anyway, I was talking with Mr. Johnson this evening, and we discussed the Kaplan standardized test prep centers. I looked through the brochure and checked the prices, just out of curiousity, and learned that the one month, 9 session tuition was a little under $1100. Good lord. That is ridiculous, and what is even more ridiculous is that people actually pay that kind of money. I guess some people think you can buy your test score...they're only hurting themselves, because that class sure as hell won't make you any smarter.

Basically, you are given the same prep book(s) that you can buy in the bookstore for about $20-$30. Then, because you are too simpleminded to read and study it yourself, the instructor will read it out aloud for you. Of course, there is a class full of dim-wits, so you'll most likely have to wait as people ask dumb questions every 10 minutes. The only question they should be asking is, "why am I so stupid?" After you take a practice test, and because you're too daft to compare the letter you put on the paper to the letter in the answer key, you let your instructor do it for you. After it is graded, you sit there as the instructor tells you how stupid you are. If they want to get fancy, they'll print out a "scoresheet" so you can read about how stupid you are when you get home!

For those that are extra desperate, they even offer private tutoring sessions in the neighborhood of $3500 (9 sessions as well, I believe). Sooo, you're conning your parents out of everything they have, eh? Well, you don't even need to take the test to show that you're an idiot because you're actually paying that kind of money for private tutoring. Man, I might just go ahead and set up a private business for this sort of thing...if I do the math correctly, that's like a little over $350 an hour? Who needs law school when you can just take money from idiots who don't know better? That's like a dream come true!

Well, enough about standardized testing. I hope never to have to touch one of those again. I've recently been thinking about this semester and how life is out of the Corps. Well, I definitely have a lot less social contact, since I'm either in class, eating by myself, at the golf course, or sitting in my room til the wee hours of the night doing schoolwork. Long ago I realized how silly going out on weekends was...going downtown basically consisted of me getting a beer and sitting at a table with a few guys, looking around at all the women and douches lingering around them, and wallowing in my pool of self-pity. An hour later, time to leave and go home. What a waste of time. I could have drank in my house without getting ripped off, and now I smell like smoke.

Ah yes, I almost forgot, I mentioned in a previous post about chinamen. As most of you all know, I think chinamen (just the guys, although chinaman is synonomous with all people from the Asian continent, and no, that doesn't include the Russians...) are the weirdest, ugliest, and most useless people on the planet. It's no wonder that the female Asians (notice that I avoided the use of the word 'chinaman' here, since I know it would only cause confusion for the simpleton reader) gravitate towards the white boyz (a great movie). Yes, chinamen are at the bottom of the social chain. Even chinawomen don't want them. Heheheh, that makes me laugh. I honestly don't think chinamen have anything going for them. I see many in my classes (electrical engineering...infestations of chinamen...), and I can't help but wonder what they think of themselves. Do they're large brain-filled heads make them feel attractive? Or maybe their frail bodies? Or maybe it's their thick black hair that sticks up and out everywhere?

I'm not racist.

Alright, I think that's enough for tonight. Sorry, no bumper sticker.

1 Comments:

Blogger V said...

what kind of people usually comment on our blogs??? its annoying

11:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home